Those who've been checking out the previous release (v0.244) already have the bulk of this update. As ever there are a bunch of small changes, but the largest revisions have been in the Beasts and Bastards section.
The Beta release raises the question of when we should expect v1.0. Right now, I'm planning the v1.0 release before the end of the month (to qualify for the ENies). v1.0 will have the following updates:
• More monster art (there's a bit of art now in this Beta version)
• New logo for the site and the rules
• New cover art with a specially commissioned illustration by Trevor Smith: http://trevorsmithart.com/
• More editing and clean-up of terminology
• Minimal changes to mechanics, spells, powers
• Possibly more monsters in the Beasts and Bastards section (depending how I feel)
Head over to the download page to grab yourself a Beta copy of Heroes Against Darkness.